Sustainability is a new way of thinking about an age-old concern: ensuring that our children and grandchildren inherit a tomorrow that is at least as good as today, preferably better.
Source: US Environmental Protection Agency
For more information
More information about Sustainable Edmonds may be found at our other website at sustainableedmonds.ning.com.
Want to help out the Sustainable Edmonds community? Here are ways to get involved:
1. If you have a new story, pictures, suggestions or comments, please send them our way by e-mail to email@example.com. If you would like to contribute often to our web page, let us know and we will make it easy for you to enter news or comments directly to our web page.
2. Attend our meetings. Sustainable Edmonds has frequent meetings at which one or more knowledgeable speakers present information some aspect of sustainability. A discussion follows the presentation.
3. Help us to spread the word to others. Occasionally we have opportunities to spread the word by having a booth at a community festival, farmer’s market, or other event. We need volunteers to pass out information and answer questions.
4. Start a special interest group. We would like to have groups form to discuss and take action on topics of special interest, such as alternative energy sources, climate change, green building, etc.
5. Write posts for this website. First you need to register as a user. At the bottom of the masthead you’ll see some headings (Home, Events, Posts, etc.). Click on the last one, which says “Register”. A screen that says “Register for this site” will open. Make up and enter a user name for yourself (or just enter your own name) and then your e-mail address; then click “register”. If you don’t get a password sent to you within 24 hours, let me know by sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have a password, then find “Meta information” at the bottom of the right hand column of the home page and click on “Login”. At the next screen, enter your username and password. At the next screen click on “Write a post”. The next screen is fairly self explanatory – just a title and text of your post, then check the boxes for as many of the categories as seem appropriate, then click on “publish”. In order to prevent a lot of spam from getting onto our website, all of the posts go first to me for approval, so you won’t actually see your message appear until I’ve approved it. — Bob Freeman