Sustainable Edmonds is a 501(c)3 non-profit, Board run, independent local citizens’ organization, formed in 2008, in Edmonds, Washington. We are open to all who are interested in the many facets of sustainability.
Our mission is to help Edmonds to become ecologically, economically, and socially sustainable. As a citizens’ organization we seek to bring together people in Edmonds who are concerned with understanding and acting on the challenges arising from climate change, energy sources and use, building and land use, food and water supply, and related issues. We recognize that we are a community with diverse viewpoints on such issues and we will try to achieve workable outcomes that will help us to achieve a sustainable future.
• Information: Collect and disseminate information about topics related to sustainability to members
• Education: Raise public awareness of the environmental, economic, and social challenges facing Edmonds as a result of climate change. Facilitate the development of skills, knowledge and resources that will be needed for a sustainable local community
• Motivation: Develop a conviction that citizens have the power to bring about significant change
• Local Action:
- Support and strengthen ties between residents of Edmonds and the City, County, and State.
- Build and communicate a compelling case for action to create or enhance needed policies and infrastructure.
- Demonstration – Take individual and collective action, in whatever ways we each can, to serve as an example of sustainable local community citizenship.
- Partnership – Work with other organizations that share common goals.