“They didn’t ask me my opinion!”, is an oft-heard refrain after a new project is built. Well, here’s your chance to provide some input, well before the concrete is poured and rails installed. Sound Transit and the Federal Transit Administration are asking for public comment during the initial “scoping” of the North Corridor Transit Project (NCTP). This project covers the area from approximately Northgate to Lynnwood, as approved by voters in 2008.
What Am I Commenting On?
During scoping, public comment is allowed on the following:
- Proposed purpose and need for the project
- Potential natural and built environment effects to be considered
- Potential alternative transit routes
- Results of the Alternatives Analysis report (copy available at the link below)
- Other aspects of the project
You can provide your comments to Sound Transit via several paths
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to: Lauren Swift, Sound Transit, 401 S. Jackson St., Seattle, WA 98104
- Attend a public meeting. There are three public meetings planned, all scheduled for 6pm to 8pm.
- Shoreline, Oct 11th, Shoreline Conference Center, 18560 1st Ave NE
- Lynnwood, Oct 13th, Embassy Suites, 20610 44th Ave W
- Seattle, Oct 18th, Ingraham High School, 1819 N. 135th St
There is a lot of information available for you to review before providing your input, but it’s well worth the effort. This kind of development is only done once, so we should all take the time to make sure we think through the long term implications of the choices available.
- Sound Transit North Corridor Transit Project: http://www.soundtransit.org/NCTP
- NCTP Alternatives Analysis study: http://projects.soundtransit.org/Projects-Home/North-Corridor-Transit-Project/North-Corridor-Transit-Project-Library.xml
- Sustainable Edmonds facebook EVENTS page, listing the NCTP Scoping Feedback sessions. Be sure to “LIKE” our facebook page while you’re there, as we will provide updates there, as we get them.